Thursday, July 29, 2010

My husband and I have private pensions with Canada Life are they worth the monthly payment?

We pay approx 拢250 month and are now no longer self employed, just working part time for our son.We are going to find it a struggle to continue to pay the monthly payments. I am 51, my husband is 59 ( he has the option to take his pension next September when he is 60).Is it better to try continue to pay,stop payments or any other suggestions would be appreciated. It doesn't look as though we are going to get much of a return on the money anyway.My husband and I have private pensions with Canada Life are they worth the monthly payment?
I have just received my Prudential pension which I decided to take as a lump sum. The taxman took 30% so what I have left is a pittance. I imagine most of the profit went on Bankers bonuses, so my advice would be take it now and invest it yourself in a scheme to give yourselves a monthly income.

No comments:

Post a Comment