Wednesday, November 23, 2011

How do I remedy a Credit Report debt supposed to have been assigned to my X Husband?

My X-Husband and I got a divorce, with it papers that stated as a contract that he would be taking two debts he incurred while we were married but these debts still show up on my credit report. Is there any way to stop these debts from being reflected on my credit as it was agreed via the divorce they were his responcibility?





Any help at all is appreciated.How do I remedy a Credit Report debt supposed to have been assigned to my X Husband?
小redit repair work械d fine to fix my credit. They disputed and removed lots of bad items from my credit report. I used this service - freecreditreport.hotusa.orgHow do I remedy a Credit Report debt supposed to have been assigned to my X Husband?
Since the lender signed an agreement with both of you, you are still both obligated to the lender. Even though the divorce court awarded him those debts and you other debts, the divorce court cannot not break your contract with the lender. Only a bankruptcy court can break financial contracts.
If you are the primary or a co-applicant then there is no way to stop the accounts from reporting to your credit report. What you may need to do is go back to the divorce court and see if you can get the court to enforce its order for your husband to pay (garnishment). Otherwise, you're stuck.
No.





You incurred the debts during your marriage. Your creditors were not party to your divorce agreement.





If you are contacted by a collection agency concerning these bills, you have the right per your divorce agreement to take your ex to court and sue him for the amounts owed.

No comments:

Post a Comment