Wednesday, November 23, 2011

What can I do to help my bi-polar husband when he has a manic or depressive episode?

My husband has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder. We have been together for 3 years and his episodes have almost lead to us splitting up many times before we figured out the problem. I love him very much but I do not know where to begin to help him. I have tried the things the therapist recommends and they don't seem to help very much. I am hoping that someone with experience in this area can tell me what has worked for them.What can I do to help my bi-polar husband when he has a manic or depressive episode?
Be with your husband, calm him down by talking through complete thoughts. Rationalize with him and keep him focused if possible. Love him and give to him yourself without bending your morals and ethics. Make sure he is not flushing his meds down the toilette.What can I do to help my bi-polar husband when he has a manic or depressive episode?
My betrothed is bi-polar, and the only thing I know to do is just hang in there with her until she's vented whatever was upsetting her. She's usually okay afterward, or at least calmer. I think the best you could do for your husband is to just let him vent to you (as long as he's not abusing you) and give him a shoulder to cry on if he needs it. If he's not on medication already, you might want to talk with him about getting meds to help with his bi-polarity. Love isn't easy, but don't give up. It's worth it.
Let me answer your question from a bi-polar's point of view....








we don't know how to handle major emotions...we cannot control our impulsiveness and don't cope well with bad situations. In arguments we think we are always right...we get mad throw a fit and then 10 minutes later are asking for forgiveness...





we suck when we're depresses we hate the world because the world hates us. we feel unwanted unloved sad and lonely. we wish we could die,anything is better than being bipolar (in our mind)....








i've had alot of stuff happen to me because of this.... i've crashed my bf's


car when manic....and i've cut myself when depressed.





he just wants you to understand him even though I know it must be so hard for you. I'm here today because my bf supports me to this day and i think you should do the same for your husband. =)
The thing that helped my daughter the most was the medications. At first she was over medicated and too doped up, but once they got the number of meds and the doses adjusted right, it was the best thing ever. Therapy really didn't help that much.
Will my mom has the same disorder and what helps her is just breathing in and out or a brown paper bag
  • cure acne
  • beauty products
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment