Wednesday, November 23, 2011

If my husband is deployed will the navy move me back home?

My husband and I currently live in Italy. He is being deployed for 1 year in a few weeks. I am hoping that the Navy will ship my goods back to the USA during this time my spouse is deployed. If the navy will not move me, what do they expect a wife to do in this situation? I am not staying in Italy without anyone, and I am assuming they will expect us to put everything in storage?? That really sucks.If my husband is deployed will the navy move me back home?
It all depends. No they will not move your stuff back home. That is one thing about being overseas and having your husband deployed. Although we stayed both times hubby deployed while we were in Germany, a few of my friends left for the states. They will not pay for you to move back to the states nor well they pay for your stuff to go into storage. It doesn't really suck. Now is your time to explore and do some traveling. I traveled with 3 kids all young at the time, with one in diapers his first deployment. You don't have to worry about time to have him back from his leave or anything like that. We did alot of traveling while hubby was gone.





Now you can try to have yourself and kids EROD. There is tons of paperwork to fill out for this and you will need a valid reason for wanting to get an EROD (early return of dependents). And saying ';well hubby is deploying and I want to go home'; is not a valid reason. Then if this paperwork is approved then they will ship you and your household goods stateside. But know that once they do this you will not be able to return to Italy once your husband comes home unless you pay to come back and they WILL NOT ship your household goods back once he redeploys back to Italy.





The military sort of expects you to stay there with your stuff unless you want to pay out of pocket and on your dime to move back.





Good luckIf my husband is deployed will the navy move me back home?
I have no idea, but he needs to contact his COC about this. I have never come across this type of situation before, and does pose a unique scenario. I do know families in Japan, do not move home when they deploy, but this is IA on an overseas shore billet. hmmmm. I curious about the answer.
you can request ERD.. but if that happens you will NOT be allowed to move back to Italy after his deployment, you lose Command Sponsorship and will also lose FSA when he gets back from the deployment.





you do what everybody else in your situation does: you stay put and make the best of it.
No, ma'am, they will not. The Navy spent approximately $20K to move you to Italy. (that's the average cost to PCS a family to an overseas location). What you do is between your hubby and you. Its sucks that he will be deployed for a year. Could you sublease to another family?
They will not ship your things back the USA.





This happens all the time to US Soldiers in Germany. This is why the Family Support Groups were set up, so you are not alone in another country.





You can move, but at your own expense. You will not get additional BAH for having two households when you husband gets back since your husband will still be assigned to Italy. When he gets back, they will not pay to move you back to Italy either.





I have seen this often. Last time I saw it, the spouses did things together to fill the time. In general, the military and the dependents will take care of each other, expecially in situations like this.





You can still talk to the transportation office and command. They may be able to cancel command sponsorship and send you home, but that would affect your husbands tour and you will no be able to move back with him after the tour. I do not know if they will do this, but you can ask.
Talk to the housing people on base, rules change but I don't think your husband would be returning to Italy so they should be able to move you home.
No they wont sorry to say
no, they won't. If you want to go home, that is your own choice and the military will not pay for it.





The Navy or any branch doesn't expect a spouse to run home during every deployment. They expect you to stay where your spouse is stationed. So, they would expect you to pay for it all on your own if that is what you chose to do.





sorry, but that is the way it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment