Wednesday, November 23, 2011

When my husband eats he has a coughing attack what is causing it?

Everytime my husband eats anything he has a coughing attack. Not from choking so no stupid responses please. What could cause him to have coughing attacks everytime he eats?When my husband eats he has a coughing attack what is causing it?
I have never seen this one before. It could be one of two things (or neither)...





1. His throat may be irritated and swallowing cranks it up.





2. (This happened to my grandfather) He may be swallowing into his lungs. The regulator that directs oxygen into your lungs everything else to your stomach may be confused. If it is not choking, however, it may not be this. Then again, he could be swallowing to his lungs and still breathe.





More likely than not it is number one but I would keep both in mind and anything else people post. I am not there so I can not tell how bad it is. If it is really bad, I would seek the help of a trained professional.When my husband eats he has a coughing attack what is causing it?
The swallowing mechanism is quite complex. It involves coordinated muscular contractions and a thing called your glottis to cover your larynx. Many people have difficulty swallowing. It can be evaluated by a speech therapist. I'm not suggesting he had a stroke but many stroke victims have trouble swallowing.


This should be looked at by a doctor and evaluated soon. Before he aspirates food into his lungs and has serious problems.


God bless you and keep you both healthy.


Oops. Forgot to mention why the coughing. The only thing that would do that is saliva, or fluid or piece of food getting past his glottis and reaching his vocal cords which respond violently by coughing strongly.
Maybe he is something he is allergic to that is in most foods
  • cure acne
  • beauty products
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment