Wednesday, November 23, 2011

What would be the best driver to get my husband for Christmas?

My husband is an avid golfer and I wanted to get him an amazing driver. Anyone have any ideas?What would be the best driver to get my husband for Christmas?
Choice of clubs is a very personal thing. Relying on a strangers opinion of the ';best'; club could be the complete opposite of your husbands taste. You are going to hear a million opinions to get Taylor Made because they are the best selling. If my wife bought me one, I would return it because I don't like them. A gift certficate would allow him to choose his own, or if he already has a driver that he likes, then prepay for lessons.What would be the best driver to get my husband for Christmas?
I agree with unoriginal. In addition to trying to decide on a particular brand of driver, there are things like loft, shaft stiffness, kick-point etc to consider. If your husband is a serious golfer it would be very difficult for you to get him the exact driver that he'd want. As unoriginal advised, a gift certificate to a good golf retailer would be a better idea. Perhaps along with it you could enclose a photo of a driver, or better yet, a picture of you holding a driver wearing something christmas like and naughty but nice. I know if my wife did that for me, I'd consider it a very special christmas gift.
The best gift you can give him for christmas club wise is an appointment with a certified club fitter. There is usually one at most clubs. This will make sure he has the best equipment (driver in this case) for his swing and will deliver the results he's looking for. He'll also be looking at different shafts and which works best with his swing speed/ power.
i would say probably a taylor made like a taylor made r7 superquad but the new one is the r7 limited. The nike sasquatch is another good bet. But there also is the new callaway drivers like the ft-iq. I would suggest out of those the r7 superquad because it has weights so he could adjust the settings to his game type.
Just take him to golf pro shop and let him pick it out. The best gift is the one that you get to pick out for yourself. Usually most golfers are very picky players.
I would get him a gift certificate to the local golf store or Dick's Sporting Goods and let him choose his driver. We may suggest a lot of different drivers and he may not like any of them.
I agree with the last 3 people who posted. I would suggest that you give him a gift certificate for $500.00 and let him pick out the driver.

No comments:

Post a Comment