Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Is it normal to feel nauseous when your husband is upset?

He gets upset and i get anxious and feel sick to my stomach. I mean, I know everyone gets upset sometimes, I admit I do just as often as he does and I stew over stupid arguments. But of course when he's upset he's way more theatrical and boisterous. Is this normal, am I being too sensitive, or is this behavior abusive?Is it normal to feel nauseous when your husband is upset?
I don't think your husband being boisterous or theatrical is abusive behavior. I think that is his personality.





My husband and I feed off of one another all the time. If I'm tense or anxious due to an exam coming up, he becomes more moody. If he's upset about work or something, I become tense. It really is a balance. We have to watch to make sure that we don't transfer the anxiety to one another.





We now check ourselves when the other is in a bad mood. It keeps things more level.





As far as stewing, really life is much more than holding a grudge. I get angry quick and then its over. Ten minutes later I'm looking for a snuggle. Days later my DH will come around. ;-)





Just relax and smile. Let it all go. Tomorrow could be your last day. Do you really want to spend it being upset over something trivial?





Have a great week! Smile.Is it normal to feel nauseous when your husband is upset?
I am in the same boat! i am usually calm in nature but when my husband gets upset it makes me feel ill! My husband says he cant control the way i feel but that's not true i have told him he is one of the few that can effect me to that degree. It's horrible to feel like that and i hate it! my husband is very high strung and theatrical. It's like i am walking on eggshells half the time. I do think this is abusive for myself because he knows it upsets me but still acts this way. Have you let your husband know how you feel?
In your situation it may be abuse, but it is really hard to say... Do you get sick to your stomach if he is upset but not boisterous? Some people get sick when they see people they love hurting (emotionally hurting that is) and that would not be abuse.... If you are sick because you are scared of your husband then it is time to rethink your situation.
You may have anxiety to begin with. I bet your afraid though. Listen to that fear it's trying to tell you something. This may be a red flag about your spouses temper. I had a bad feeling the whole time I was married to my ex wife, and it turned out to be right. She totally screwed me over in the end. Some times the subconscious eyes see what the actual eyes cant.
The only time we get nauseous at something another does or feels is out of fear, I know this because I grew up throwing up frequently from hearing my father screaming and hitting my mother. You are afraid of him and you need to seriously consider getting away from him.
No, it isn't and perhaps his anger is threatening to you to the point that you get physically sick.





Sounds like you could both use some counseling in how to disagree without it coming to this.
You feel threatened and he must get into counseling with you to stop this or you will get sick with an ulcer or worse.
no its not abusive because hes not doing it to you.... but you should to go therapy with him and go c a doctor

No comments:

Post a Comment