Friday, August 20, 2010

How do I deal with the day my husband comes for his things?

My husband left one day. Now he is coming back to collect his things. He is also bringing my things to me, that we had in a storage unit. How do I deal emotionally the day he comes? He is bringing two friends. I already have his things packed in a pile in the Living Room. I have put a key-lock on my bedroom door, to secure my belongings.How do I deal with the day my husband comes for his things?
I'm sorry to say that nothing can ever truly prepare you for something like this. Tell yourself that for that period of time you will be composed. You can cry your eyes out after he leaves. Listen to music until then that may help. Music got me through the worst of my divorce. Lose yourself in a song. You know that the time is coming. Tell yourself that you WILL make it through it. If you feel the tears coming on, hold your breath and count to ten. Make the visit as short as possible. Excuse yourself to the bathroom if you need to to regain your composure.


Hang in there. I know this is difficult. Maybe have a friend or close family there with you. I know it sounds cliche, but some of the best simple advice anyone ever gave me was : This too shall pass.How do I deal with the day my husband comes for his things?
If you have locked your belongings up and you feel confident your husband won't take anything he isn't supposed to. Then don't be there! It's only going to upset you and make you cry. It would be best if you were with a friend somewhere or family member allowing them to take your mind off of all this mess.





And if you don't trust him. Give him a particular time to be there and let him know he BETTER be there at that time because you are putting all of his things out in the yard, garage, driveway, etc... And STILL LEAVE. You do not want to have to go through the emotions of watching him pack and leave.





Good luck and believe me I know the worst ache is a heart ache. And only time and great friends will help heal your pain.
Don't be alone when he and his friends arrive.


Have someone/some people with you in your corner, supporting you, in case there are any disputed items, or things get nasty. So that he and his friends don't bully you into giving up things that you don't want to.


Have them there before he comes, and have them stay after he leaves, so you don't have to feel alone.


Keep a phone handy, for the same reason.
Whatever you do, don't leave the premises as you don't want him doing any damage. I strongly suggest that you have a few friends with you (at least one male) to keep him honest and from taking your stuff. Also, make sure that you get all your stuff back from storage (not damaged either) before you release his belongings.





Good luck!
you should have someone there with you so it's make you feel better. thank him for bringing your stuff back and just let him take what you have packed for him. tell him if he thinks he is missing something to let you know you will try to locate it for him. be nice and calm about it. you can do this as adult. have two other there better yet.
change the locks on your house... pile all his stuff in the middle of the front lawn and start a bon fire.





...any douchebag that doesn't have the courage to face his wife and work out his problems and just walk out doesn't deserve to have any of his belongings. He is more then likely been cheating on you and just ditched his marriage on a whim.... let his s**t burn
Personally I would put his things on the curb, but whatever. I had to go thru the same thing when my marriage fell apart, and I just left his things in the living room, and I left, so I would not have to deal with the emotional baggage also.
I'd suggest having a friend/sibling with you. then spending the day being productive. do things for yourself like going to the dentist or getting your hair done. go to the gym. be prepared to redecorate to you don't have ';empty space';.





I also suggest don't take to drinking or avoiding the house completely.
aww.. well its never easy i can tell you that its going to happen and you both are going to feel akward the most you can to is help so the faster he leaves. you have to realize that you can do better and that him leaving isnt the end of the world.
If you think that there may be a conflict then you need to alert the police or have some of your friends or family members present. Try to have as little conversation with him as possible so that he can takes his things quickly and get out.
Sounds like a lotta drama, to me. What's the point of the high security for your stuff? Yet his can be piled on the floor. If you're that concerned, why not simply stack his stuff outside on the porch. Then ya won't need to deal with him at all........
Have a couple of friends with you go get your hair done and dress up beforehand. Looking good will give you a little more confidence.


It's your home so you can put the stuff outside the door if you like.
very painful it happen to me back in oct. 2008 just let him do what he has to do hope it will be quick. you might what to have someone there with you so it will not be a he said she said drama hope it works out for you good luck
Well, you can have a friend there with you too, it's your place ya know. And maybe you'd feel more comfortable anyway. I guess, if he's bringing friends to help, he's serious about moving.
oh wow I am SO SORRY! The best thing if it were me is to not be home when he comes have a trusted friend or family member be there when he comes to make sure your items are secure.. but being their will not help you emotionally.
completely act like it does not bother you be strong and cry once hes gone!!!! also i would have all of his things on the front porch waiting and change the locks so he cannot get in.....THats just what i would do!
Don't be there (you in mind). But do have someone there on your behalf. Your dad? Brother? And do put everything in the bedroom that you do NOT want taken.
Well,





I would suggest you have 1 or more if you would like, of your own friends there.





They can keep you company, and for both support and comfort.
If you feel uncomfortable you can ask for an officer standby while you exchange belongings. Try not to fight or argue and dont beg him to come back
What choice do you have let him get his things and all you can do is heal with time.





Love is a risky business.
The question is do you really love this man..if you do just try ignoring him if he tries anything mean or insulting..if he is understanding just try talking to him alone.
Rocking chair, porch, shotgun, whisky, his things burning on the front lawn!! Perfect!
Itll be unusall but I dont see the point of locking the door


unless he went Chris Brown on you.





Just try to be silent.























and ninja.
I wouldn't bother being there. I would just tell him to take his stuff and to leave yours.


Good Luck.
Have his things ready for him and don't be there. Have someone else at the house while he is there.
if you dont want to see him.. justt leave your house and give your keyz to your neighbor and he will leave with his stuff
I agree. I would have a family member be there and you be somewhere else. That way you don't have to look at him.
take a couple shots of tequila and go to your happy place make no sign of any emotion but happiness
first of all PRAY TO GOD, why would you ever try to or think of divorcing even if he or you cheated youshould get back together and live happy, divorce is a scar that will never heal. pray to GOd for help.

No comments:

Post a Comment