Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My husband has shared joint legal and shared physical custody of the kids. Can he get bah?

My husband went to court and has a court order stating that him and his ex shared custody of the kids. The kids live with the mother until June. My husband pays child support for the kids. Can he still get bah while the kids live with their mother? My husband has the kids all during the school year starting in June and the mother has the kids during Christmas break and during the summer. I'm not sure if that' relevant, but just in case I wanted to put that in there.My husband has shared joint legal and shared physical custody of the kids. Can he get bah?
Well he should be getting bah with dependents anyways. I have joint physical/legal but the only difference in my pay is like an extra 250 i get bah with dependents which doesnt really help much considering i pay almost 600 in child support neways for one kid. Tell him to ask his admin shop i have a really good admin shop here so they explained it all to me.





-oh one other thing tho if he is married to you he is probably already getting bah with dependents so i dont think his pay will change.My husband has shared joint legal and shared physical custody of the kids. Can he get bah?
he will not get BAH w/dependents unless the children are with him 50% of the total year. With the child support being stated he might qualify for BAH-diff in which it is the difference between BAH w/o dependents and BAH w/dependents if his total child support payments are more than the amount. The only way he would get BAH w/dependents while he is OCONUS is if he had unaccompanied orders. You are with him so no he will not get it.
As long as your in base housing he is ineligible for BAH.


Either you get BAH and live in civilian housing or you live in base housing free. That's the way it works. Before you ask, no he does not get more pay because he has more kids. He gets the same if he has 1 or 10 kids.
you are married, he is already getting the max entitlement of BAH. even if he NEVER had the kids he'd be entitled to BAH because of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment