Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My husband is having a wisdom tooth extracted tomorrow?

I have never had this done myself, and this is his first one. How severe could the pain be? What will he be able to eat? Does it take long to heal? I just want to know what to expect tomorrow, thanks!My husband is having a wisdom tooth extracted tomorrow?
pain is different for everyone ... keep soft foods around ...





your biggest concern will be a dry socket ... don't let him get sick and vomit from the car ride or the pain pills and don't let him suck drinks through a straw -- those 2 cause them most often ...My husband is having a wisdom tooth extracted tomorrow?
hi, i just had 2 wisdom teeth pulled out about 2 months ago. the pain veries, but shouldn't take more than 2 weeks. the first two days, he shouldn't eat anything hot. try to eat cold food, and plenty of ice cream, slushies, milkshakes, etc. make sure he takes the medicine that the dentist gives him. this should make his mouth numb, and it helps. make sure he brushes his teeth and the area his wisdom tooth was pulled out. this would help not cause infection! he needs to floss too. just follow the dentist orders, and everything should be good.


good luck! :)
I just got all 4 of my wisdom teeth out 24 hours ago. I just started brushing my teeth and rinsing with salt water. The pain isnt so bad but i do have a lot of swelling. For probably about the first couple of hours i had minor bleeding but thats normal for the first 24hrs. I haven't really felt like eating much but jello and soup so far. I was expecting the pain to be worse but so far it's not that bad. I would recommned taking the pain meds and resting for the next couple of days. Rest so far has helped me a lot. The dentist will explain what to do and what not to do. He should be fine. :)
I've had 6 teeth taken out. Don't worry, he's going to be in pain for a couple of days so he should eat soft things, like sandwiches, soup.. I know they;re all boring but it';s only a couple of days. Mine took a bit less than a week, not that long. So yeah he should have plenty of fluids. Don't have any thing hard just soft things. So I wish him luck %26amp; I feel his pain :P Oh %26amp; tell him to try not to put too much presure on where the tooth has been taken out. His dentist should go through all this with him


Hope I helped
when i was a kid i had two cut out one week, and the other tow cut out the next week, and i was put to sleep for this , what to eat, first 24 hrs. soup, after that what ever he feels like. just take good care of him, and give him lots and lots of love, because someday that mite be you he is doing this for.

No comments:

Post a Comment