Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What are my chances of having twins if my husband is a twin?

His mother had 1 set, then two single children, then another set of twins.What are my chances of having twins if my husband is a twin?
A couple's chances of twins is not affected by anything from the husband's side. The familial tendency to have twins comes from a higher likelihood of ovulating multiple eggs. Therefore, it is influenced only by the family of the partner who does the ovulating (the wife).





Good luck, though. If you want twins, I hope you get them.What are my chances of having twins if my husband is a twin?
The main factor is more your side, if twins run in your family then the chances are increased that you may have twins but if I remember right the male side doesn't play a factor in determining twins.
Identical twins, there's no genetic link. That is a random occurence. As for fraternal twins, that is a genetic trait found on the side of the mother. So either way, the history of your husbands' side has nothing to do with it.
I've also heard that it's determined through the mother and her side of the family, and that it usually skips a generation. I haven't heard anything regarding twins on father's side of the family
From what I know, like most of the others had said, its your family that will increase the chances of twins. Now if you have a girl, her chances increase even more. The twin gene can go to father to daughter.
Twins is genetic, so you have a high possibility of having twins... It can skip generations though, but you have a higher possibility than others to have twins. Oh, and twins can run on either side of the family, man or woman... My friend has NO twins in her family but it runs on her husbands side, and guess what, they had twins!!! It doesnt matter...
It doesn't matter if twins run on his side. They have to run on the female's side for a greater chance of having them.
Probability is the same, whether your husband is a twin or not. But paternal twins may have splitting genes, when sperm impregnate the egg. So there may be a chance greater than common couple to split, but not necessary be twin every time.
Do twins run in your family?

No comments:

Post a Comment