Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My husband has a chance to travel to Afghanistan for work how safe is it?

it is doing electrical contracting, we are Canadian so I think it will be on a Canadian military base.


I am asking here because you are all wives/mothers/and have children


our daughter is 5.


Also he has been out of work since Christmas and we have no money.My husband has a chance to travel to Afghanistan for work how safe is it?
My hubby is an electrician and he wanted to do this too. We are Canadian as well.. living in Ontario and I said ABSOLUTLEY NOT! My son and I need him too much to allow him to risk his life over there. There are tons of jobs that he can find around here.My husband has a chance to travel to Afghanistan for work how safe is it?
I would say totally do it! My husband is a translator and the money is phenomenal! Also, he's been deployed through army, so scared but with your husbands work he will be on a secured base with constant ppl on guard watching the surroundings. Pretty safe actually.

Report Abuse



My husband, kids and I were in Israel for his work for a very short amount of time and my youngest sister was also there studying abroad for 6mo.


We left about a week before a whole bunch of problems broke out. My sister only 2 days before.


It terrifies me to think what may have happened.





Not all of Afghanistan is ';dangerous';. But there is always a risk. I have a friend who is living there with her husband and they love it! She actually came back for a vist 2 weeks ago and brought me a pashmina :)


There's a risk no matter where you are. but in a war torn country it's a lot higher.


Chances are you'll be absolutely fine, and have no problems.


But there is a risk, and it's a higher risk than most countries pose.





So my advice is to weigh up the pros and cons and then decide which is best for you and your family.


Good luck :)
My husband is a excavator and was actually offered this same opportunity. He refused it because it is EXTREMELY dangerous and contractors aren't allowed to arm themselves with a gun. Good luck!
It is still very dangerous over there even if you aren't on the front lines,honestly I would ask him not to go unless ya'll really need the money.
I'm going to be honest..it is still pretty dangerous over there! I wouldn't be comfortable with it at all!
you have no money- but you have a computer and internet


I would let my hubby go over there for work- it is dangerous!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment