Friday, August 20, 2010

My husband is a painter and has just been offered a job to paint a room in a ';big'; mi?

ght I say ';big'; house in a very wealthy neighborhood. He is not sure what to charge. My kitchen cost


$300.00 dollars and iis about 22 by ten this house and room that he is able to paint is 24 by 16. and the cielings are 15 feet. What do you think is the right price to charge?My husband is a painter and has just been offered a job to paint a room in a ';big'; mi?
450.00My husband is a painter and has just been offered a job to paint a room in a ';big'; mi?
My buisness is windows and doors but trade clients with my painter by refering each other for repairs and jobs back and forth. We have each others price list to quote clients a rough cost for different parts of the services requested. But always talk each others quality of workmanship exceptionally high. Pending on the area and state this is in I can tell you what and how to bid this. Charles G. 770-527-7537
I have had to bid for a few jobs in expensive homes, my rule of


thumb is to figure out a price that I would be Ok with doing the


job for and then doubling it (let me tell you, people with money


can be a pain to work for, they complain more and usually


expect perfection.....so doubling my first guess usually makes


up for the headaches) If the prople say its too much, you can


always tell them that you will give them your ';preferebtial


customer discount?:'; and take 20-25% off your bid. This usually


works cause then they feel like they have gotten a good deal.
figure out long it will take: how many days and what do you expect to get from the days of work. - also is there competition, what would other painter charge for the same work.
Call 3 pro painters in your area, and just tell them you are going to need a room painted and give them the dimensions - they will tell you they need to see it, but tell them you want ballpark estimates anyway. Then charge the lower of the 3. It will give you a good idea, because different areas charge differently. I guarantee CA and NY are higher than KS or OK.
I think $500 is reasonable.
  • moon drops
  • revlon color
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment