Sunday, August 22, 2010

What fun things can I send my deployed husband to keep him involved in my daughter's life?

My husband leaves for deployment to Afghanistan tomorrow. Of course I will send him pictures and videos of our 7-month-old daughter as well as keep her baby blog updated. But, do you have any fun ideas for other things I can send to him to keep him involved in my daughter's life? I'm thinking about making a scrapbook of her hand prints every day that he is gone so that he can watch her hands grow even if he can't watch her grow. Any other crafty things you can think of doing with a baby?What fun things can I send my deployed husband to keep him involved in my daughter's life?
- Help her color pictures (hold her hand w/ a crayon in it and scribble or draw simple shapes) and then help her write To Daddy From (Her Name).What fun things can I send my deployed husband to keep him involved in my daughter's life?
Scrapbooks are great! I made one both times my husband was deployed and filled them with cards, letters, pictures, song lyrics, etc. He read and re-read them while over there.





It sounds like you have wonderful ideas already with the photos, videos, and blog updates.
God bless you and your family. My family's dearest thoughts are with you all.





What about write him letters ';from'; the baby? ';Dear Daddy, Today I spilled my juice cup and mommy said I cant have the car for a week...';





';Dear Daddy, today mommy broke a sweat trying to get my shoes on me so we had a happy trip to the Walmart shoe department.';





hand prints and foot prints too? send them snail mail?





can you sit her in her highchair with one of those big fat toddler crayons and help her scribble a ';picture'; for daddy, and take pics of her while she does it. Again, send this all snail mail.





What are some of his favorite things? Baseball? can you send pics of her in a team shirt with a ';Dear Daddy, the stupid yankees lost again and it was so boring I slept through the game';?





halloween, send him somethings (ahead of time) so that father and daughter can have similar outfits for the evening, as if he were taking her trick or treating himself...





His favorite food -';Dear Daddy, today I tried BBQ ribs and I am not impressed. you will have to show me when you get home...';





I wish I had better ideas. Good luck to all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment