Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My husband is deployed and has past unpaid medical bills. Is there any help for our situation?

Last April my husband had surgery. He is also a member of the Army National Guard (and was at the time of his surgery). Now he is deployed and I have these medical people calling me, about a surgery he had last April. The bill is way up there, and we need help. Can someone please point me in any direction.My husband is deployed and has past unpaid medical bills. Is there any help for our situation?
The National Guard and other reserve programs do not provide medical insurance to reserve program members unless they have been called to active duty. Coverage when on active duty is called TriCare.





Thus, unless he was in a recall situation last April, he would have been covered by his employer or by an individual medical plan. That plan would then be responsible for the surgery.





If he did not have other coverage then you would be responsible for the surgery related expenses.My husband is deployed and has past unpaid medical bills. Is there any help for our situation?
Google the term'; soldiers and sailors relief act';. It will give you some information about what creditors can and cannot do when a service member is deployed - including limits on interest and late fees.

No comments:

Post a Comment