Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My husband gets epidural shots for the pain in his back.Can the shots take aways his sex drive?

My husband is 61 and our sex life was great up until 3 yrs ago.Now he has no interest at all.He's been getting epidural shots in his lower back for the pain.Is it possible that the epidurals are taking his sex drive away? I love my husband very much and I am afraid that having no sex will tear our relationship apart.Is it possible to be close to your husband when we don;t make love anymore?My husband gets epidural shots for the pain in his back.Can the shots take aways his sex drive?
I'm a Chiropractor, and worked for years with an orthopedic doctor who did lots of epidurals. I don't know of any special reason they should take away his sex drive, but a problem like this can really wear you out and generally run you down where sex might not be very interesting.


How many injections are they planning on giving him? I've never noticed that they help very much except in the short run (they do a great job of making the Doctor a lot of money though). See a chiropractor, start exercising, get massages. If he has a hernia get an operation, otherwise ditch the epidurals, which can also have serious side effects.My husband gets epidural shots for the pain in his back.Can the shots take aways his sex drive?
It could and maybe it is his age. Talk to doctor about this and maybe you will have to help turn him on.
Yes because you share a lot of nerves in that area. This can also be a mental problem as well. This is a very traumatic thing to go through and can have an effect on your sub thought.
The pain will reduce the sexual drive because the act is causing pain. And if this is been going on for 3 years, I would see another doctor - Orthepedic Surgeon.


I, female, spent 6 years in backpain waiting for disability to approve me for proper medical treatment. Once the problem was corrected (lumbar fusion) the sex drive was in full swing.





PS I sure hope you have more in your relationship than just sex.
Maybe, why don't you tell him to drink a cup of lobelia inflata tea. This is an herb, but it is also the strongest natural muscle relaxer in the world and it is easy to make, takes away all kinds of pains and the users think the world of it. Mainly because after one cup, you can have a couch made of concrete and you will think it is the softest thing you have ever sat on. After two cups while you won't fall asleep, you will feel like a cooked piece of spaghetti. I am a few months shy of my 60th b'day and I do this for the pain in my legs.
It's kind of hard to say for sure because you don't mention what is in that shots he's getting. The word Epidural only tells you the location, not the chemical used. My assumption is a steriod of some form (which is pretty typical for that type of pain).





First, I would check the side effects of the chemical itself. If it is a side effect, perhaps your docs can recommend something different.





Second, it very well might just be that he's hurting too much. Try potentially suggesting positions that would take 100% of the stress of his back. Maybe even hot baths or massages first would do the trick.





Third, while sexual drive does decline as you age, it's not a massive decline or halt unless there is something wrong with one of the partners. What you two have is called intimacy because of your age and again my assumption that you have been together for quite some time. Use that level of intimacy to bring him in on the problem too. If you approach it as a no-blame no-disappointment issue and get him to have fun experimenting with you again to find what doesn't hurt him, that might help find your solution. I'm sure he loves you and wants to continue your previous levels of sex and intimacy, he just might have impairments he can't control easily right now.
It is more likely the back pain is responsible for his loss of sex drive
Sorry, the shots probably aren't to blame. The injections are given in order to ease pain in spinal column nerves. It has nothing to do with sexual function.


He may be experiencing an age-related change in hormones or the pain itself could be causing the problem. Talk to him about how you feel, suggest he see a doctor.
no
  • moon drops
  • beauty products
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment