Sunday, August 22, 2010

My husband and I are seeing a bird. Can you tell me what it is?

We live in central Oklahoma. The bird is the size of a medium finch. The bird comes to our garden early morning and late afternoon. We are not sure of the sex. It is colbolt blue with red then bright orange down his wings. His flight feathers are a medium gray. His beak is shaped like a cardnal's or a finches beak. His beak is dark gray or black. He has little white dot markings on his cheek bones. No we are not doing meth to see such a critter. Can you tell me what the pretty little critter is?My husband and I are seeing a bird. Can you tell me what it is?
It c ould be a Blue Grosbeak..it is in your area.My husband and I are seeing a bird. Can you tell me what it is?
Could it be a painted bunting?





http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=h鈥?/a>





Hope this helps.
Could it be a Blue Grosbeak?





';Slightly larger than a House Sparrow. Male dark blue with 2 chestnut wing bars and a stout, dark bill. Female dark buff-brown with 2 buff wing bars. Indigo Bunting similar, but is smaller, lacks wing bars.';
It sounds like a Painted Bunting! You are very lucky! I have only seen one in my life and that was while I was on vacation in Florida. Truly an amazing site!

No comments:

Post a Comment