Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How to apply Portuguese nationality passport for my husband?

We have married more than 3 years but I had a previous marriage dissolved. But I never register my previous marriage on my Portuguese Birth Cretificate and ID, would that make any different to apply.


I knew we need to register for marriage first, then what next?How to apply Portuguese nationality passport for my husband?
You will have now to deal with the complicated burocracy of the portuguese. Register your marriage and divorce (dissolved marriage) in your birth certificate, change your ID card to married then change it to divorcee angain and only then, register your new marriage. It will be three years from the marriage date before you can apply for citinzenship for him, so he can have a passport. So I麓d say, at least 4 years in the wait.


OR


You can go to the portuguese consulate, register your new marriage and wait for 3 years to ask for citizenship for your husband so he can get a passport. But NEVER under any circumstance declare that you had a previous marriage. That way it will save you a lot of trouble.





Also, if you changed your name, you will have to change your name in the portuguese ID card, which will also take a while and it麓s pretty complicated. I know all this, because I too, dreamt of having the same nationality as my husband, but the trouble...it麓s not worth it.How to apply Portuguese nationality passport for my husband?
Bettter ask the Embasssy
Since you've been married for over three years, your husband is eligible for citizenship by registration. Contact the nearest Portugese embassy for the process or, if you are both in Portugal, the local MFA office.
  • moon drops
  • beauty products
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment