Sunday, August 22, 2010

My husband had an ultrasound of his pancreas now they want a ct scan. Shoould we be scared?

About 2 weeks ago the doctors did an ultrasound of my husband pancreas because he has problems with low sugar, passing out, and extremely weak spells. Now they want to do a ct scan. Should we be scared.My husband had an ultrasound of his pancreas now they want a ct scan. Shoould we be scared?
Your husband may have hypoglycemia or pre diabetes, it sounds like the Dr. is being through, don't worry until you have the results and can do whatever needs to be done after the fact....My husband had an ultrasound of his pancreas now they want a ct scan. Shoould we be scared?
Not at all. A common misconception with all this medical terminology is that the more machine's are used, the worse the problem is, when in all actuality, more often than not, the more machines that are being used probably mean that they're ruling some causes out or just need a different way of looking at things.





I wouldnt worry unless the doc tells you to worry. My dad has pancreatitis (when the pancreas produced too much insulin) so I really can understand the concern with that particular organ. Hang in there! Everything will be fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment